Monday, February 8, 2010

Mismatched-casual-anthro-ish?

Part of the effort to minimize the ecological impact of our wedding is minimizing the purchases we make and that others make on our behalf. With that in mind, I knew early on that I wanted my bridesmaids to wear dresses that they would definitely wear again, and if possible, something from their own closet. If the shoppoing urge overwhelmed them, I would love it if they all bought from second-hand shops or showed up in eco-fabrics, but I have enough to worry about with my own dress.

Since my 4 sisters are my bridesmaids it should be easy enough for them to coordinate. I told them our colors: saffron, brown, and grey. And gave them these instructions "Mismatched-casual-anthro(pologie)-ish".

I guess that wasn't enough direction. With prompting from my Mama Veggie, who apparently was at the receiving end of some panicked phone calls, I thought I could offer them more guidance with... an inspiration board!

So, ladies, here you go. Make me proud.
Sources: Top Row (l-r): Jumping Groom, Yellow Dress, Indigo Dress, Bridesmaids, Cute Yellow Dress. Middle Row (l-r): Dark Vest Groom, Group Shot, Pink Bridesmaids; Bottom Row (l-r): Grey Vest Groom, Blue Bridesmaids, Bright Bridesmaids, Earthtone Bridesmaids, Dress with Bow, Yellow Dress, Grey Dress, Brown Dress

No comments:

Post a Comment