Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Questions Answered. Questions Formed.

Mamma Veggie came through big time this week. You see, we are about 4 months (yikes! 3 months) away from wedding day and I still hadn't seen actual pictures of the inside of our venue. There are numerous reasons for this. Because of the whole double booking debacle, we were in a bit of a rush to book a new venue. Which meant booking based on website pics only. Granted this picture is gorgeous, but it leaves a lot to the imagination… namely the entire interior.

I've been asking for interior pics, but the camp director's wife just had a baby and so he's been a little out of the loop lately. Which is totally understandable. Oh yeah, and then there's the fact that we are planning from approximately 8 billion miles away and so there's no way that we could actually go visit the venue ourselves.

I was starting to freak out a little.

How could I plan lighting like this without knowing what ugly fluorescent monsters we might be dealing with?

How do I know how many poufs I need to make to make this dream come true, without knowing what the ceiling is like?
But, true to form, Mamma Veggie pulled through. Thanks to her driving what I am guessing was about 2 hours out of her way on a recent trip, I now can put to rest some of the nightmares running through my head.

Here is the interior of the dining hall.
Looks great! Dinner on one floor and dancing on the other. I think my DIY lampshade idea will work perfectly with their existing globe lights and my poufs might just work along the slanted roof of the lower level. Ugly Chairs. Hmph.

But wait. What's this? Pics of our rainy-day ceremony backup location, the Play House.
Photos by Mamma Veggie.

And some new questions have emerged. The biggest of all being, "Can I let a beautiful room like this go to waste, or should we move our reception here?". Of course it would be easier to have it in the dining hall where there is a kitchen, and tables, and chairs, and cutlery... and a parking lot. But its just so pretty. It makes me think of my original idea of having our reception in a barn.

Convenience or beauty? I'm torn.

No comments:

Post a Comment